Eating fish is healthy, but eating fish made through air frying is even healthier! The only trick you need to know is how to properly arm yourself with all the right recipes. We gather our personal favorites, a little bunch we call best air fryer fish recipes, check ’em out in the rundown below.
Total time: 25 minutes
1 pack fries (for four
2 fish fillets
1 medium egg, beaten
3 slices wholemeal bread, made into breadcrumbs
25g bag tortilla chips
1 lemon (rind and juice)
Salt and pepper
- Make the fries just like you would normally do.
- Cut the fish fillets in half to make four nice sized pieces of fish ready for cooking. Season with lemon juice and then put to one side.
- Grind in a food processor the breadcrumbs, lemon rind, parsley, tortillas and salt and pepper. Place it into a large baking tray.
- Cover the fish in the beaten egg and then in the breadcrumbs mixture.
- Cook for 15 minutes on 356°F (180°C) until nice and crispy and when the lovely fish smell fills your kitchen.
Total time: 15–20 minutes
2 x 7 oz. (200g) cod fish
A sprinkle of salt and sugar
A dash of sesame oil
1 cup (250ml) water
5 tablespoons light soy sauce
1 teaspoon dark soy sauce
5 little cubes of rock sugar
3 tablespoons oil
5 slices ginger
4 one-inch white parts of spring onion
1 handful green part of spring onions to garnish, shredded
Corriander to garnish (a handful)
- Wash and pat dry cod fish. Season with salt and sugar plus a dash of sesame oil. Set aside for 15 minutes.
- Preheat your air-fryer for 3 minutes at 356°F (180°C). No need to add oil as fish has natural oils. Air-fry cod fish for 12 minutes or until skin is crispy.
- In the meantime, prepare the seasoning sauce. Pour water into a pan and bring to boil. Add light soy sauce, dark soy sauce and rock sugar and stir til sugar melts.
- Prepare the hot oil: Heat up the oil in a small pan and add ginger and white part of spring onion. Fry til ginger turns brown. Remove ginger and spring onion sections.
- Remove cod fish from the air-fryer and place in a dish. Top with garnish. Pour the boiling oil over the fish. Spoon seasoning sauce over the serve immediately.
Total time: 1 hour 15 minutes
9 oz. (250g) salmon, cooked
14 oz. (400g) potato, cold mashed
1 small handful capers
1 small handful parsley, chopped
Zest of 1 lemon
2 oz. (50g) plain flour, for coating
- Flake the salmon and combine with the mashed potato, capers, dill and zest. Season well.
- Shape into small cakes and dust with flour. Chill in the fridge for 1 hour to firm up.
- Heat the air-fryer to 356°F (180°C). Place the fishcakes in the fryer basket, spray with oil and cook for 7 minutes or until golden.
Total time: 40 minutes
2 fish fillets, cut into 4 pieces
1 lemon, juice
¼ cup sugar
Salt to taste
2 teaspoons green chilli sauce
2 teaspoons oil (for brushing)
1 egg white
4 teaspoons corn flour slurry
1 teaspoon red chilli sauce
2–3 lettuce leaves
- Slice lemon and place in a bowl.
- Boil half a cup of water in a non-stick pan, add sugar and stir continuously till sugar dissolves.
- Put 1 cup refined flour, salt, green chilli sauce, 2 tsps oil and egg white in a bowl and mix well. Add 3 tablespoons water and whisk well to make a thick and smooth batter.
- Spread sufficient refined flour on a plate.
- Dip the fish fillets in the batter and coat with refined flour.
- Heat an air fryer and brush the basket with oil. Place the prepared fish fillets in it, fit the basket to the fryer and cook at 356°F (180°C) for 15–20 minutes.
- Add salt to the pan with the syrup and mix well. Add corn flour slurry and mix again. Add red chilli sauce and mix well. Add lemon slices, lemon juice and mix well. Cook till the lemon sauce thickens.
- Remove the fish from air fryer basket, brush with some oil and place in the air fryer basket again. Continue to cook for 5 minutes more.
- Roughly tear lettuce leaves and make a bed on a serving platter. Place air fried fish over the lettuce, pour lemon sauce over them and serve immediately.